I wanted to make sure before posting here in favor of a new social network, but in the end, and recurrence in use, I can not wait another moment to express my satisfaction about the concept of Foursquare.
I'm not one to define, but here with confidence I would say that Foursquare is one (1) social network that revolves around the sites where your users, plus (2) recommendations on geo-system sites, plus (3) identify competitive game among users to gain real milestones, including patrocidados brand.
Its operation is as follows. The user, through the Foursquare app from your mobile terminal, publish the site (by check-in) where you are at any given time. The GeoLocator your terminal will suggest which sites users have registered before in the vicinity where it is located. If not available, you can discharge (site name and address details). In turn, you can choose to add a tweet (at this particular moment) what networks want to be seen: only your contacts from Facebook, Twitter community, your Facebook friends, or neither. In any case, the system will assign the appropriate ratings based on the achievements of that check-in: if it is the first time, if it has discharged you in the system, if it gets to be mayor of this site (have done more ckeck -ins the rest, etc.). Your score will be increased and will get prizes (badges). These badges can be programmed by companies to reward their customers (eg Starbucks rewards users who get their local municipalities, as they are the ones who sometimes visited, or Spain, ElTenedor makes specific promotions to its users )
The specific reasons for which I'm enjoying Foursquare are:
1) I say where and when I publish my location, and who (what network of friends)
2) forming a program is always updated and maintained by the users interactive guide sites
3) I agree to (good and bad) recommendations of my contacts, and those that are not (most about their perception of service sites
4) Reward System (via points and mayorships) encourages the participation of users in a fun way
5) Intervention brands (companies) without rejection (through custom badges, direct promotions for check-ins and mayorships, etc.)
6) Good analytical statistical indicators on path within the network, achievements
7) Good integration with additional social networks that also use twitter and facebook
8) search sites, users, recommendations
9) Good use of your shortURT on twitter, extending a good branding (4sq.com)
For all this, I will love to share with you my location Fourquare !