I wanted to make sure before posting here towards a new social network, but in the end, and recurrence in use, I can not wait another moment to express my satisfaction on the concept of Foursquare.
I'm not one to define, but here with confidence I would say that Foursquare is one (1) social network that revolves around the places where their users, plus (2) system recommendations geolocated sites, plus (3) identify competitive game among users to gain real milestones, including patrocidados brand.
Its operation is as follows. The user, through the Foursquare app on your mobile terminal, publishes the site (by check-in) where you are at any given time. The GeoLocator your terminal will suggest which sites users before been discharged in the vicinity where he is. If not available, you can perform high (site name and address details). In turn, you can add a tweet to choose (also at this moment) what networks want to be seen: only your contacts from Facebook, Twitter community, their Facebook friends, or neither. In any case, the system assigns the relevant scores based on the achievements of that check-in: if it is the first time, if it has been registered you in the system, if it gets mayor of that site (have done more ckeck -ins the rest, etc.). Your score will be increased and will get awards (badges). These badges can be programmed by companies to reward their customers (eg Starbucks rewards users who get their local mayors since they are the ones who sometimes visit them, or in Spain, TheFork makes specific promotions to its users )
The specific reasons for which I'm enjoying Foursquare are:
1) I say where and when I publish my location, and who (what network of friends)
2) The program is shaping one, always updated and maintained by the users guide interactive sites
3) I agree to (good and bad) recommendations of my contacts, and those that are not (most about their perceptions of service sites
4) Rewards System (via points and mayors) encourages the participation of users in a fun way
5) Intervention brands (companies) without rejection (via custom badges, direct promotions for check-ins and mayors, etc.)
6) Good analytical statistical indicators on path within the network, achievements
7) Good integration with complementary social networks that also use: twitter and facebook
8) search sites, users, recommendations
9) Good use of your shortURT on twitter, extending a good branding (4sq.com)
For all this, will love me share with you my location Fourquare !