I wanted to make sure before you post here in favor of a new social network, but in the end, and recurrence in use, I can not wait another moment to express my satisfaction on the concept of Foursquare.
I'm not one to define, but as here is trust I would say that Foursquare is one (1) social network that revolves around sites where users, plus (2) system recommendations geo sites, plus (3) identify competitive game between users to gain real milestones, including patrocidados by brand.
Its operation is as follows. The user, through the Foursquare application on your mobile device, publishes the site (doing check-in) where you are at any given time. The GeoLocator your terminal will suggest which sites users have previously discharged in the vicinity where he is. If unavailable, you can discharge (site name and address details). In turn, you can add a tweet to choose (also in this moment) what networks want to be seen: only your contacts from Facebook, Twitter community, their Facebook friends, or neither. In any case, the system will assign the appropriate scores in terms of the achievements of that check-in: if it is the first time, if you have registered you in the system, if he mayor of that site (have done more ckeck the rest-ins, etc.). Your score will be increased and will get awards (badges). These badges can be programmed by companies to reward their customers (eg Starbucks rewards to users who get their local mayors since they are the ones who most often visit them, or in Spain, TheFork makes specific promotions to its users )
The specific reasons for which I'm enjoying Foursquare are:
1) I say where and when I publish my location, and who (to which network of friends)
2) forming a program is always updated and maintained by the users guide interactive sites
3) I agree to (good and bad) recommendations of my contacts, and those that are not (most on their perception of service sites
4) Reward System (via points and mayors) encourages the participation of users in a fun way
5) Intervention brands (companies) without rejection (through custom badges, direct promotions for check-ins and mayors, etc.)
6) Good analytical statistical indicators within the network path, achievements
7) Good integration with complementary social networks that also use twitter and facebook
8) search sites, users recommendations
9) Good use of your shortURT on twitter, extending a good branding (4sq.com)
For all this, you will love me share with you my location Fourquare !